GATE PROCEDURES THROUGH THE PACIFIC CREST GATE WHEN THERE IS GUARD ON DUTY AND PEDESTRIAN GATE ACCESS
At the Pacific Crest gate there are two lanes of entry. One is for Residents with a working gate opener and the second entry is for Residents who do not have a working gate opener and all
Visitors. There is also a key pad at the entry, but it only works when the guard is not on duty. At 9:00 p.m., when the guard is on duty, the key pad becomes inactivated at the Pacific Crest gate.
Universal Protection Services (guard service provider) has a guard on duty between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. only. During the guarded hours, Residents who have a gate opener are able to access the community without any problems or without being stopped by the Guard; however, Residents who do not have a gate opener, as well as all Visitors will be stopped by the Guard between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. The Guard will require the following information before entry into the community is granted:
- Destination – the residential address
- Identification – A valid Driver’s License or Identification document
- Admission – A Resident without a remote, showing the Guard a driver's license to validate the home address will permit entry. The admission of a Visitor is one who has been authorized to enter the community by the Ridge resident via a call from the guard on duty to the Resident.
Unless previously authorized, if a guest is at the gate, the guard is required to call a residence to verify the entry of the guest into the community from 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight. After 12 Midnight, if the visitor has not been previously authorized by the Resident, the guard will not call the residence.
It is important for Universal Protection Services to have every Homeowner and Resident’s contact information at the guard gate. Their job cannot be done without homeowners or residents phone numbers. This contact information is held in strict confidence to be used by the Board of Directors and Universal Protection only. If you have not provided your contact information, please contact the Management Company Representatives at 714-285-2626, ext. 1211, or 1204 or email the information to: Karen.Newsome@managementtrust.com or Miguel.Villegas@managementtrust.com.
How does a Homeowner or Resident authorize the Guard to let a guest in?
- From 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., when the Guard is on duty, the Guard will answer your call and take the required information (i.e. Homeowner/Resident name, Ridge address, and telephone number). The telephone number to the guard station is 949-443-1280.
- When the guard is not on duty, you can call the guard station at 949-443-1280 and leave a message. You will be required to leave your name, Ridge address, your telephone number, and the name of your guests. The Guard will check their records to verify the homeowner/resident information provided.
- Additionally, during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), you may also call Universal Protection at 714-560-9226 and provide Universal with your name, Ridge address and the name of your guest(s). Universal will pass the information to the guard on duty after 9:00 p.m.
There is no key for the pedestrian gates in Bear Brand Ridge. The pedestrian gates operate on a keyless entry system. From sunrise to sunset, the pedestrian gates do not require the gate code – the pedestrian gates remain unlocked from sunrise to sunset. This is a requirement by the City of Laguna Niguel for public access to the park from sunrise to sunset.
The pedestrian gate code for Ridge Residents is 9100 and is only operational from sunset to sunrise.
The Board of Directors specifically requests that this code be restricted to family